In reading our statement of faith, we ask that you prayerfully consider the following:
We want to re-enforce the concept of a SINGLE Body of Messiah. No one of us has truly and completely made the transformation from the man of dust to the Heavenly Man – we are all growing towards this perfection. Consequently, we should all be striving to work together rather than cause further divisions within the Body. The Word is clear … we need both Spirit and Truth – the flow of the Holy Spirit and the Truth of GOD’s Word – to be operating TOGETHER in order to bring LIFE! We understand that there are those on either side of the pendulum as an expression of their personal revelation of GOD’s Word, but we would ask that you continue to make room for the views of others, subjecting every teaching to the Light of GOD’s Word.
We believe …
- We believe that returning to Biblical Foundations means that we study and interpret the original Hebrew language under the guidance of the Holy Spirit to understand fully the Words of Jesus when He said that He came to restore all things. The teachings of Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 clearly show that we are given the physical examples of the Old Testament as a Shadow that reveals the spiritual reality of the New Testament. What causes the Shadow? The very Object that we are trying to Identify – namely JESUS! The journey of following in the footsteps of Jesus is easy because He tells us His Yoke is light and therefore any and every interpretation of man, which looks like, tastes, or smells like legalism is to be avoided at all costs.
- We use the Names – YHVH, the LORD, GOD – Y’shua, Jesus – Torah, the Scriptures, the Bible, the Word – Body of Messiah, Body of Christ/Messiah, Church – interchangeably in order that those in the Body who have not yet been exposed to any Hebraic thinking and/or Biblical Foundations, will be gradually introduced to this way of thinking.
- We believe the Bible [the Tanakh and Apostolic Scriptures in their ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS] is the inspired Word of YHVH (GOD) and we accept it as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine [2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21]. We believe that GOD is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We believe that the Covenant made with Adam and Eve, expanded in breadth, depth, and height to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David and confirmed as a Renewed Covenant in the life and death and resurrection of Y’shua (Jesus) [Jeremiah 31:31]. This Covenant remains as the boundary of our blessing, protection, and provision today. We believe that every Word uttered by GOD has creative power, and that every ordinance, precept, commandment spoken by YHVH (GOD) is applicable today. We believe that the Holy Spirit has been sent to reveal the practical application of these Commandments.
- We believe that there is ONE Creator, GOD, Who reveals Himself in the dimensions of Father, Son (The Messiah), and the Holy Spirit. [Deuteronomy 6:4; John 1:1-2, 14-18; John 10:30; John 14:16-17, 26; John 16:7-15]
- We believe in the Deity of Y’shua Ha’Maschiach (Jesus Christ) [John 1:1-18], and His virgin birth [Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:18-25]. We believe that Y’shua (Jesus) is the Way, the Truth, and the Life – no one comes to the Father except through Him [John 14:6; John 6:29. 40, 44; I John 5:11-12].
- We believe in the personal return, in Power and Glory, of Y’shua (Jesus) the Messiah to judge the living and the dead [Daniel 7:9-14; Matthew 26:57-64; Revelation 1:1-18]. This is the hope of the Church for which we wait with sober watchfulness and all diligence that we may be found ready at His Coming.
- We believe man is a created being, made in the likeness and Image of YHVH (GOD), but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. “All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of GOD.” “As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.” Y’shua (Jesus), the Messiah, the Son of GOD, was manifested to undo the work of the devil and gave His Life and shed His Blood to redeem and restore man back to GOD [Romans 5:14; Romans 3:10, 23; I John 3:8]. Salvation is the Gift of GOD to man, made operative by grace through faith in Y’shua (Jesus), producing works acceptable to GOD. [Ephesians 2:8]. We believe that YHVH (GOD) determined that Mankind should be blessed before he was given the mandate to take dominion.
- We believe that all – the Wild Olive – who repent of their sin and receive Y’shua (Jesus) as Messiah by faith, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby are grafted into the Natural Olive to become Children of GOD [Romans 11:11-36]. We believe in One Body of which Y’shua Ha’Maschiach (Jesus Christ) is the Head. We believe that the Body is made up of all who have been redeemed by Y’shua (Jesus), and regenerated by the Holy Spirit. There is no other “church” or covenant community … just ONE NEW MAN, One Bible, One Messiah, One Spirit, One GOD.
- We believe in the principle of heterosexual relationships between a natural man and a natural woman within the confines of lawful matrimony.
- We believe that the highest calling of leadership is that of the father of a family or household, who is called to role-model a life of the Fruit of the Spirit in his daily walk [Deuteronomy 6:4-9]. We believe GOD raises up and appoints leaders who are responsible for shepherding the sheep. We believe that leaders are called to govern diligently, and that all partners are called to pray for, submit to, and honor their leaders that their work may be a joy. We believe that GOD commands that the fathers [as priests of their households] should bless their family weekly, in accordance with the eternal ordinance [Numbers 6:1-6]. We believe that the father is empowered and called to be steward over the gifting and talents of those in his family, and that his role-model of Godly relationships [Deuteronomy 6:4-9] must be the catalyst to ensure that each child is brought up in the Ways of GOD and that each child may receive their eternal birthright.
- The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see GOD. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation [Hebrews. 12:14; I Thessalonians 5:23; II Peter 3:18; Philippians 3:12-14; I Corinthians 1:30; Revelation 14:12].
- We follow the Jewish dates (calendar) working on the calling set out by Paul … to provoke the Jewish brothers to jealousy.
- We believe that the Torah [the five books of Moses] is a comprehensive summary of YHVH’s (GOD’s) Foundational Teachings and Ways, as found in both the new and older Covenant [Exodus 19-20; Deuteronomy 5; Jeremiah 31:31-14; Hebrews 8:10; Matthew 5:17-19]. Therefore, we encourage all believers, to affirm, embrace, and practice these foundational laws and ways as clarified through the teachings of Messiah Y’shua (Jesus) [Matthew 5:17-19; I Corinthians 7:19; Revelation 14:12]. We believe that the Ten Commandments and the synopsis of thereof defined by Y’shua (Jesus) are eternally valid.
- We believe that the primary work of every believer is to stand as a Living Stone at the place in the Body of Messiah as determined by GOD and to accept that the trials and tribulations are GOD’s Way to polish us until we become gems in His Crown.
- We believe that Y’shua (Jesus) appointed Two Ordinances – Mikvah (Baptism) in water and the Shabbat (Communion) – to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the Lordship of Y’shua Ha’Maschiach (Jesus Christ). We believe that the Mikvah of a believer in water – in the Name of Y’shua (Jesus) – is a confession of a believer’s identification with Y’shua (Jesus) in His Burial and Resurrection. We believe that the Shabbat (Communion), in which bread and wine are given and received, is a remembrance of Y’shua (Jesus) and of the eternal rest that we will have when He comes again.
- We believe that the Bible teaches us that each believer and his family should, in loving obedience, follow the pattern and timing of GOD’s Commandment to keep the Festivals and Feasts as rehearsals and proclamations of the coming fulfilment of each promise made in His Eternal Covenant.
Finally, we want to apologise for any misrepresentation of the concept of “Hebrew Roots”, which has been presented in such a way so as to cause division within the Body of Messiah. We reiterate that GOD has only ONE BODY and ONE BRIDE. We trust that this principle will always be the over-riding concept when fellow-believers study GOD’s Word.